Automatic fish feeder has become one of the essential parts of fish keeping in pond or lake. You can find different sizes of automatic fish feeders being used by the fish keepers. An automatic fish feeder offers many benefits to a fish keeper. However, every automatic fish feeder may not offer what its manufacturer says.
There are few things which should be considered before buying an automatic fish feeder for a pond or lake. They are:
1. The first thing you must look for is the way an automatic fish feeder mechanism works. The number of components in this machine varies from one to another. Too many components in an automatic fish feeder may break down or get jammed or have problems in dispensing fish food. In addition, a funnel must be in the automatic fish feeder which assures that proper fish food flows in the system.
2. You must check whether the automatic fish feeder can dispense fish food into the water on an air stream without wasting the food. Otherwise, your part of investment will be wasted on nothing.
3. Next, you must consider is whether the automatic fish feeder dispenses the food into the water or not. Some automatic fish feeders which have engineering flaws dispense food just in front of the feeders.
4. Another important thing you must investigate is the background of the manufacturer like their experience in the field of automatic fish feeders manufacturing, their ability in providing proper service to their customers, etc.
5. You must check whether the automatic fish feeder has the provision for solar energy by using solar instruments such as solar charger, solar panels, mount, etc.
6. The automatic fish feeder must offer several installation options. Otherwise, you will definitely find it hard to install the automatic fish feeder on a sloping pond bank or onto a dock. You should check for the number of leg options available.
7. One of the most important things regarding automatic fish feeder which you should look for is how quickly you can repair the machine when it breaks down. The inner parts of the machine should be easily accessible for repairs.
8. The automatic fish feeder must be durable and reliable. That means it should be able to work in every kind of weather conditions.
9. You must confirm whether the automatic fish feeder will be delivered to you as soon as possible once you place your order. Otherwise, your fishing business may suffer badly because of the delay in delivery on time.
10. Last but not least, check for additional features in the automatic fish feeder such as timer and battery covers, digital timer etc. Also, it is important to know whether the company provides the warranty for a certain period of time.
You can reap the several benefits offered by the automatic fish feeder when you keep those above mentioned guidelines in your mind while buying one. As a result, your fishing business will flourish in no time.